30 Mar 2016
Driving the Print Industry
The demand for print and certain printed products have been changing constantly. A whitepaper sponsored by Canon USA shares some basic steps for the print industry to take to grow their business:
- Ask your current customers about their printing needs beyond what you provide for them. If there is a common denominator (posters? labels? signage?), think about expanding in that area.
- Ask your current customers about the non-print-based marketing needs they have. Again, if there is a common denominator (email marketing? marketing automation? social media? mobile?), think about expanding in that area.
- Use new printing—and non-printing—technologies for your own business.
- Think about creative ways of marketing your own business.
- Attend vendor-sponsored customer events; they can offer valuable ideas—and networking opportunities—for growth areas and markets.
- Never stop seeking information, following trends, and asking questions
Lastly, go to big trade expos that may be relevant to a business or product niche you may want to expand into.
Return to the main PP+S Blog Page