21 Jun 2018
The impact of interactive digital signage
What they work
Whether you’re aware of it or not, interactive digital signage is everywhere. Today, interactive kiosks like shopping mall directories, bank ATMs, and maps are all over the place and digital signage are at almost every bus-stop and MRT station in Singapore.
Click here for some examples.
Why they work
Interactive digital signage engages audience from everywhere. They attract the eyes of people and invite them to walk over and actually take a look at what the signage has to offer. More importantly, it encourages people to act on it and do something.
Where they can work
• Proper placement with the right eye level (target audience).
• Places with the right amount of traffic.
Take a look at these:
- Claw your way to free Oreo Thins Lemon!
- Giant X-Ray Screen Erases Gender, Age, Race To Prove ‘We Are All Human’
- It’s a Christmas miracle! Airline makes stunned passengers’ festive wishes come true
- British Airways Innovates With New Marketing Campaign
How to do it
- Font, font size, colour and layout have to be easy on the eyes.
- High-quality images and videos.
- Clear purpose and compelling reason.
- The right usage of colours to attract audience.
- Include a call-to-action.
- Eye-catching visuals.
- The right content – and that is easy for everyone to understand.
Last but not least, how about the one closest to our hearts – we may or may not come across almost daily?
With smart touch gestures and movement detectors, interactive digital signage will grow as more businesses embrace this new and effective trend.
Return to the main PP+S Blog Page