17 Jul 2017
Interview: 9 Extraordinary Applications to Enhance Print
Question (Q): We understand that you will be promoting Scodix application to add value to product by enhancing print, in the form of digital spot varnish and foil, at PrintPack+Sign 2017. Please tell us more.
Answer (A): We will be doing an application demonstration. We are taking this opportunity to demonstrate Scodix applications, its special effects on various products, how a Scodixise product can create a different appeal.
The 9 extraordinary applications are:
- Scodix SENSE™: Digital enhancement printing that allows print service providers, folding carton converters, designers and brand owners to craft extraordinary creations.
- Scodix Foil™: Delivers unmatched foil enhancement capabilities; while using the Scodix Foil on Foil option, users can easily create unique special effects, unavailable on any other system, compiling different foils and a variety of Scodix SENSE features, to achieve numerable textures.
- Scodix Spot™: A selective spot varnish for short to medium runs, Scodix SPOT digitally recreates the effect of traditional analog flat varnishes, without requiring setup time or generating mess.
- Scodix Metallic™: Allows users to enhance prints with metallic colouring by simply utilising the CMYK colour process of Scodix SENSE.
- Scodix Glitter™: Scodix Rainbow™ is the world’s first in-house digital inkjet glittering station that produces the Scodix Digital-Glittering™ experience.
- Scodix VDP/VDE™: Scodix digital enhancement accentuates the impact of digital enhancement with personalised and individualised text and graphics – in real foil!
- Scodix Braille™: Innovative Scodix Inkjet-Braille™ solutions is designed to provide a better quality of life for the blind and visually impaired around the globe.
- Scodix Crystals™: Replacing Chaton or costume jewellery effects, Scodix Crystals adds a colourful and reflective sparkle with a true 3D multi-layer appeal.
- Scodix Cast&Cure™: High-impact 3D holographic effect offers a whole new dimension/value proposition to the print project, offering a variety of standard off-the-shelf holographic patterns, as well as customised designs.
Q: Can you share with us the some of the other products and services that Scodix offers?
A: Scodix offers a wide range of platforms and applications, starting at the entry level with the Scodix S75, through the Scodix Ultra Pro, to the Scodix E106 and covering a variety of applications. While the entry level Scodix S75 allows print enhancement in the form of digital spot varnish. The Scodix Ultra Pro with Foil allows both digital spot varnish and foil stamping. It enables commercial PSPs and folding-carton converters to produce tangible enhancements for a wide range of applications; marketing literature, stationery items, book covers, boxes and premium packages, greeting cards, photo albums and more. Scodix offers user to bring their print product into a new dimension with Scodix special effects.
Q: More and more companies in the print industry are going green to help protect the environment. How is Scodix contributing to help protect and preserve the environment and reflect their Social Responsibility?
A: Scodix is always striving to improve its consumables to be more environmentally friendly, researches on its equipment to be more energy efficient, and have less paper wastage. Scodix provides cost-effective, digital solutions to replace conventional analogue methods, eliminating the need for dies, plates, moulds and other environmental unfriendly materials. Hence, Scodix is itself a greener technology compared to conventional methods.
Return to the main PP+S Blog Page